Registration for the 2017/2018 is now open.
Volunteers: Parents interested in volunteering as a lead or assistant coach should email:
The Arlington Intramural Program includes three different level Programs:
- InHouse, Full Ice Program (highest league within the Intramural Program - see separate tab)
- Developmental, 1/2 Ice Program (Middle league- see separate tab)
- Instructional, Learn to Skate & Play Program (Introductory League- see below)
The first skate for this program will occur on: Oct 28th, at 9:30 AM.
- Male and Female Skaters are welcome to register for this program.
- Skaters must be age 4 by September 1, 2017 the skater ages in the program generally range between 4 and 7.
- Older skaters may register for the program if they are not yet ready for the higher skill level of hockey involved in the Developmental program.
- This program will start on October 28, 2017 and end on March 3, 2018.
- The program skaters will be on the ice once per week, for a 50 minute segment
- Typical schedule includes Sat practice (morning and possible afternoon hours)
- The league will not skate during the Christmas/New Year period (12/23 through 01/02)
- The League will host a skate with Santa Event on 12/16
- The League will have a graduation ceremony/skate and party on 03/03/18
Note: Players will be assigned a Saturday morning time slot for the following weeks after the first skate.
- The Saturday events will be organized as "multiple station drills"
- Cross ice games may be introduced later in the season
- Skaters must attend the placement session conducted on October 28th
- All players will be assigned to a practice hour based on the coaches' evaluation during the placement sessions
- As the skaters leave the ice they will meet up with parents and then receive colored shirts
- The shirts will align the skater with one of the following two groups of instructional hockey:
1. Advanced Group: advanced beginner skaters with need to fine tune various skating and hockey skills. Generally participants have already spent 1 year in the instructional program.
This program will meet on most Saturday at 9:00 AM (Families to refer to Master schedule on a weekly basis for time-slot assignments).
- 2. Beginner Group: Very beginner hockey players who need to focus on building skating skills and basic introduction to hockey.
This program will meet on most Saturdays at 9:50 AM (Families to refer to the Master Schedule on a weekly basis for time-slot assignments)
- The 2017 - 2018 Fee is $315 per skater
INSTRUCTIONAL HOCKEY - MISSION STATEMENT:
To teach the fundamentals of hockey through drills and to develop beginner level hockey players by focusing on skating and skills development, confidence building, and having fun.
The program will concentrate on the following areas:
- Forwards, backwards, and cross over skating
- Stopping and changing direction
- Edge control and pivot turns
- Stick handling
- ½ games later in the year
- Certified Hockey Helmet with full face mask (No bike helmets)
- Hockey stick
- Hockey gloves
- Elbow pads
- Shin pads
- Hockey pants
- Shoulder pads are optional
USA HOCKEY REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
Each player is required to register with USA HOCKEY. Online registration is available at www.usahockeyregistration.com. If you have any questions about this program, please e-mail: